TEN MOVING SALE TIPS
Ten quick tips.
- Price things to sell. Visit eBay or search online to determine how much you can reasonably expect to sell your items.
- Put a price tag or sticker on each item. Place items where shoppers will notice them. If two or more families take part in the sale, assign each a unique ID code or different color sticker.
- Start saving shopping bags and cartons. Make it easy for customers to take their purchases with them. Have tissue or newspaper on hand to wrap glass, knick-knacks, and other fragile items.
- Keep loose pieces together. Bundle or package sets, groups, or units so customers can easily see what they are getting. Put loose game pieces in a sealable plastic bag and place it inside the box.
- Keep "for sale" items and "not for sale" items separate.
- Display like items together. Keeping kitchen utensils, sporting goods and tools together makes it easy for customers to find what they want.
- Hang clothing on a clothesline or rack for easy viewing.
- Be prepared for a change in the weather. Have sheets of plastic on hand to quickly cover everything.
- Offer refreshments for sale. Many shoppers welcome a cold drink, especially on warmer days. Ice down some sodas and bottled water the night before. Tell the kids the money they earn selling drinks is their reward for helping.
- Assign everyone in the family a job. Many hands make light work. Give everyone something to do for the day—cashier, clerk, or organizer. And have fun!