How to pack computers and electronics.
Your Atlas mover will help prepare you for shipping electronics by coming to your home and surveying the items you wish to move. He or she will point out anything that may require special attention, such as:
- Personal computers and components
- TVs, DVRs, DVD and Blu-Ray players
- Audio systems
TIPS FOR PACKING ELECTRONICS SAFELY
Your Atlas mover will explain how each item should be prepared and will offer our packing services. If you prefer to pack your own electronics, follow these easy tips.
- Use a qualified service provider to remove and uninstall wall-mounted AV equipment.
- Move electronics in original cartons with the original packing materials.
- If you don't have original cartons, use packing materials that provide a good fit.
- Cushion your items inside the carton with bubble wrap, paper padding or foam peanuts.
- Consult your owner's manual for special instructions on Plasma and flat-panel TVs.
- Take pictures of how the wires are organized behind your electronics so they’re easier to set up at your new home.
- Contact your local Atlas mover if you have any questions or need help finding a reputable service provider.