How Atlas transports antiques.
On packing day, your Atlas crew will arrive as scheduled with everything they need to do the job.
- Atlas uses wooden crates for delicate larger pieces, such as crystal chandeliers, pool table slates, and antique furniture.
- We usually pack smaller items in cartons with padding and stretch wrap.
- We may use decking inside the truck to keep valuable items safe during transport.
- We can build a custom crate to protect any large or unusually shaped item.
WHAT YOU CAN DO BEFORE MOVING
You play an important part in our moving process to ensure your things arrive safely. We will ask you to complete and sign the Customer Responsibilities Guide / High Value Inventory from our Important Move Information.
The first page of this two-part form spells out your responsibilities. You will notice Atlas may not be liable in the event certain items are lost or damaged. Please be familiar with these items and arrange to transport them yourself.
The second page of the form provides an inventory of your valuables. Atlas relies on you to complete this form. We use it to determine your shipment value and which items need special care. List all high-value items you want Atlas to move, including:
- Antiques, art, and collectibles
- Precious stones and metals
The Atlas Professional Van Operator must see each high-value item before loading it onto the truck to ensure proper packing.