Atlas® follows a process before shipping electronics for your protection.
You play an important part in our process to ensure that, after shipping electronics, everything arrives safely at your new home.
We will ask you to complete and sign the Customer's Declaration of Value, a part of the Bill of Lading from our Important Move Information. The first page of this two-part form spells out your responsibilities.
The second page of this form provides an inventory of your valuables. Atlas relies on you to complete this form. We use it to determine your shipment value and which items need special care, like your valuable electronics. List all high-value items you want Atlas to move, including:
- CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays
- Gaming systems and video games
- Computers, laptops, and TVs
- Antiques, collectibles, and art
- Precious stones and metals
Your Atlas Professional Van Operator must see each high-value item before loading it onto the truck. Please make sure box labels and written instructions are clear and visible. It's our job to see that every item moves safely. Should contents of a carton you pack become damaged during transit, the liability may be yours. If we ask you to repack a box, it's because we're looking out for your best interest.
Atlas may not be liable in the event certain items are lost or damaged. Please pack these items and arrange to transport them yourself.
STEPS FOR BEING PREPARED BEFORE YOUR ELECTRONICS ARE SHIPPED
- Back up all software.
- Draw a simple diagram, take a photo, or tape color codes on wires to make reconnecting them much easier.
- Disconnect all wiring and cables.
- Wrap wires around themselves so they don’t get tangled.
- Keep components together, in clearly-labeled boxes.
- Pack wires and cables with their corresponding electronic units.
- Pack small accessories, such as remote controls, with each component. Or place them in a designated "Parts Box." Note the box on the inventory list so small parts are not misplaced.
- Submit a list of your electronic components and computer equipment (with serial numbers) to your homeowner's insurance company.
- Atlas cannot take down TV antennas or satellite dishes. If you wish, we can arrange for a professional to take care of it.