HELPING WARRIORS THRIVE
Atlas® has moved service members around the world for over 50 years, which is why we partnered with the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) in 2019 and raised $26,330 at our Convention that year in support of them. Since then, we have continued to support this vital organization’s mission to deliver life-changing programs to over 100,000 wounded warriors, their families, and caregivers. Programs offered include mental and physical health support access, employment, education assistance, and may others—free of charge.
The WWP helps many service members who have returned to civilian life adjust to their new surroundings, which can be tricky for our brave men and women who may suffer from PTSD or other combat-related issues. The WWP helps them through the generous support of donors and corporate champions like Atlas, wherever they are in their journey to find their sense of home.
COMBATING HUMAN TRAFFICKING
In 2021, Atlas® was honored to partner with Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT) to help motivate, equip, and empower our employees across the organization to combat human trafficking. We have always considered our Professional Van Operators (PVO) to be heroes of the road, and both Atlas and TAT recognize that transportation professionals like our PVOs are essential in the fight against trafficking due to their unique position of traveling through hot spots like our nation’s truck stops and ability to spot warning signs.
Atlas is proud to be a corporate partner with TAT and has become a Bronze-Level Sponsor in support of their mission to save victims from this terrible crime. At our Convention in November 2021, we were proud to announce that we raised an incredible $120,000 in donations, and we look forward to many years to come of making our transportation networks a safer place.
Atlas® understands better than most the environmental impacts of moving people around the world. And as good stewards of our planet, we’re holding ourselves accountable and making sustainability a priority. One way we are making moves is through our Sustainable Agent Certification. Created in 2016, this program encourages every Atlas Agent to meet environmentally friendly standards and local community partnerships each year to become and remain a certified sustainable mover.
At Atlas HQ, we are also taking several measures alongside our Agents to reduce, reuse, recycle, and reinvigorate wherever possible. Our five primary focuses are: •
- Materials Management to conserve natural resources, save energy, and reduce landfill space and emissions.
- Administration is encouraged to migrate from physical to digital documentation to reduce waste and improve efficiency.
- Community outreach to support various organizations and nonprofits to create sustainability for our neighbors.
- Transportation to reduce fuel waste and find more efficient routes to promote fuel economy.
- Facilities to reduce energy consumption through automation technology for lighting, office equipment, and appliances.
CONTRIBUTION TO COMMUNITY
At Atlas®, we realize that building and nurturing the places where we work and live to support their wellbeing is one of the most important things we can do to be good neighbors. We routinely participate in or hold charity events throughout the Evansville, Indiana, area in support of our community, including:
- The United Way of Southwestern Indiana, with whom we participate in annual canned food drives and their Day of Giving, as well as host monthly fundraising events. In 2021, our Atlas teams contributed an amazing $27,270 and fundraised $2,812 for a total company contribution of $31,000.
- The American Heart Association, where we take part in their annual Heart Walk and raised $3,138 for that event in 2021.
- Cedar Hall Elementary School in Evansville, where we collaborate on education and extracurricular events and sponsor an annual Angel Tree during the holiday season that provided 30 children with gifts in 2021.
- 100 Cooks Who Care, an annual event where local leaders compete for “Top Chef.” The last event we participated in brought in $56,320 in donations, with our very own Atlas® World Group Chairman and CEO Jack Griffin coming in third place on the leaderboard for most donations raised.