Standard incentives were largely unchanged from 2021 to 2022, with 2022 seeing slight increases across almost all areas of fixed benefits.
- 2022 saw a 2 point decrease in companies offering storage, and a no change in companies offering household goods shipping.
- Real estate assistance saw increases in transaction costs for selling in origin locations (48% in 2022, a 4 point increase) as well as transaction costs for rental assistance (39% in 2022, a 2 point increase). However, real estate transaction costs for purchasing at the destination location remained the same, offered by 35% or about 1 in 3 companies.
However, in 2022, many companies scaled back some non-standard incentives. 20% of companies offered no incentives beyond standard relocation packages, compared to 11% in 2021.
- 42% of companies offered relocation and sign-on bonuses in 2022, compared to 60% in 2021.
- Salary cost-of-living adjustments remained nearly identical from 2021 to 2022.
- Companies overall increased offerings for extended temporary and duplicate housing benefits, buyer value option for origin home, and guaranteed employment contracts for specified lengths of time.