Atlas: Certified ProMover
A credential you can trust.
Atlas sets high standards in every aspect of operations. This includes ethical business practices. We go above beyond to help people go new places®.
The moving industry has formalized a similar view for the protection of consumers. Called "ProMover," it provides third-party verification that a mover meets specific standards for the conduct of business. While Atlas has always exceeded these standards, we welcome the ProMover program as a positive step for the industry. It's one more credential you can trust from Atlas, where every Agent within our network is a certified ProMover.
The ProMover credential is administered by the American Moving and Storage Association.
The mission of the AMSA is to "represent the interest of the domestic and international moving and storage industry and to help the customers it serves." Atlas is proud to maintain membership in the AMSA. Our designation as a certified ProMover provides you an independent, third-party verification of our ethical business practices.
The ProMover credential verifies that a mover operates according to standards set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Surface Transportation Board (STB). It also tells you that a mover subscribes to the AMSA Code of Ethics:
- To consistently offer and provide the most efficient and reliable moving and storage services available.
- To consistently strive for improvement in all facets of industry operations.
- To be conscious and considerate of consumer needs.
- To promote the elimination of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation and unethical practices within the industry.
- To afford all members and applicants due process in the administration of association affairs, to promote competitive practices.
- To maintain the highest concern for the health, welfare and safety of our employees.
- To faithfully fulfill all obligations of membership.
- To protect free enterprise in a democratic society and to foster the commercial viability of the small business component of our industry.
Look for the ProMover logo.
Unfortunately, some in the moving industry do not subscribe to ethical business practices. They may employ deceptive or fraudulent tactics. Before you engage a moving company, check its credentials. The ProMover mark tells you the company has met industry standards for ethical business practices.