Atlas: Certified ProMover
A credential you can trust.
Atlas sets high standards in every aspect of operations. This includes ethical business practices. We go far beyond what is required to help people go new places.
Recently, the industry formalized a similar view for the protection of consumers. Called "ProMover," it provides third-party verification that a mover meets specific standards for the conduct of business. While Atlas has always exceeded these standards, we welcome the ProMover program as a positive step for the industry. It's one more credential you can trust from Atlas, where every agent within our network is a certified ProMover.
The ProMover credential is administered by the American Moving and Storage Association.
The mission of the AMSA is to "represent the interest of the domestic and international moving and storage industry and to help the customers it serves." Atlas is proud to maintain membership in the AMSA. Our designation as a certified ProMover provides you an independent, third-party verification of our ethical business practices.
The ProMover credential verifies that a mover operates according to standards set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the Surface Transportation Board (STB). It also tells you that a mover subscribes to the AMSA Code of Ethics:
- To consistently offer and provide the most efficient and reliable moving and storage services available, while adhering strictly to a policy of truth, honesty, integrity and fairness in all business transactions.
- To consistently strive for improvement in all facets of industry operations and to bind ourselves to the individual and collective effort of seeking and effectuating such improvement.
- To be conscious and considerate of consumer needs and to continually promote the progress, fraternity, education and dignity of our industry so that the public will be better served.
- To promote the elimination of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation and unethical practices within the industry and to engage in formal disciplinary review of any and all members involved in such practices.
- To afford all members and applicants due process in the administration of association affairs, to promote competitive practices and to eliminate unlawful restraint of trade within the industry.
- To maintain the highest concern for the health, welfare and safety of our employees, while recognizing their needs as both human beings and individuals.
- To faithfully fulfill all obligations of membership, including the timely payment of all charges for membership affiliation and services.
- To protect free enterprise in a democratic society and to foster the commercial viability of the small business component of our industry. (AMSA Code of Ethics)
Look for the ProMover logo.
Unfortunately, some in the moving industry do not subscribe to ethical business practices. They may employ deceptive or fraudulent tactics. Before you engage a moving company, check its credentials. The ProMover mark tells you the company has met industry standards for ethical business practices.