EVANSVILLE, Ind. — In recognition of outstanding customer service throughout the year, Atlas Van Lines announced that 240 of its more than 3,000 van operators earned the van line's Customer Service Award for 2009. To be eligible for the award, van operators must receive a customer feedback rating of at least 4.5 on a 5-point scale, receive minimal loss and damage claims throughout the year, and meet strict safety and operations criteria.
"Since May is National Moving Month, it's a great time for us to recognize the terrific work of our professional van operators," said Mark Spiehler, vice president, customer service and rating/distribution services, Atlas Van Lines. "Those who earn our Customer Service Award have shown true dedication to the standards that make Atlas a top relocation company."
Van operators who earn the Customer Service Award receive a certificate and have their names added to the Scroll of Honor at Atlas headquarters. Those who earn the award for three consecutive years receive a reduction in claim liability insurance.
This year, seven Atlas van operators celebrated 10 consecutive years of receiving the Customer Service Award. They are:
- Lester Bourne, III Searles Van and Storage Co., Inc. – San Francisco, Calif.
- Perry Schrecengost, Jr. Weleski Transfer, Inc. – Tarentum, Penn.
- Robert Voytko Paxton Van Lines – Springfield, Va.
- Charles Racine Paxton Van Lines – Springfield, Va.
- Donnell Varner direct lease van operator – Clio, Ala.
- Ildeberto Macedo Atlantic Relocation Systems – Houston, Tex.
- Patrick McDonnell Ace World Wide Moving and Storage – Garden Grove, Calif.
Atlas Van Lines is the largest subsidiary of Atlas World Group, an Evansville, Ind.-based company that posted revenues of $908 million in 2008. Atlas World Group companies employ more than 700 people throughout North America. More than 500 Atlas interstate agents in the United States and Canada specialize in corporate employee relocation and in the transportation of high-value items such as electronics, fine art and new fixtures and furniture. Visit www.atlasworldgroup.com for more information on the company and Atlas agents.