How To Hold A Moving Sale
Ten More Quick Moving Sale Pointers for Fun and Profit
- Price things to sell. Visit eBay or search online to determine how much you can reasonably expect to sell your items.
- Put a price tag or sticker on each item. Place items where shoppers will notice them. If two or more families take part in the sale, assign each a unique ID code or different color sticker.
- Start saving shopping bags and cartons. Make it easy for customers to take their purchases with them. Have tissue or newspaper on hand to wrap glass, knickknacks, and other fragile items.
- Keep loose pieces together. Bundle or package sets, groups, or units so customers can easily see what they are getting. Put loose game pieces in a sealable plastic bag and place it inside the box.
- Keep "for sale" items and "not for sale" items separate.
- Display like items together. Keeping kitchen utensils, sporting goods, and tools together makes it easy for customers to find what they want.
- Hang clothing on a clothesline or rack for easy viewing.
- Be prepared for a change in the weather. Have sheets of plastic on hand to quickly cover everything.
- Offer refreshments for sale. Many shoppers welcome a cold drink, especially on warmer days. Ice down some sodas and bottled water the night before. Tell the kids the money they earn selling drinks is their reward for helping.
- Assign everyone in the family a job. Many hands make light work. Give everyone something to do for the day—cashier, clerk, or organizer. And have fun!