How to Prepare for Shipping Electronics
Tips for shipping electronics safely.
- Use a qualified service provider to remove and uninstall wall-mounted AV equipment. Your Atlas Account Representative can locate a reputable professional in your area.
- Move electronics in original cartons with the original packing materials. If you don't have these, use sturdy cartons that provide a good fit. Cushion your items inside the carton with bubble wrap, paper padding or foam peanuts.
- Consult your owner's manual for special instructions on Plasma and flat-panel TVs. If you don't have a manual, your Atlas Account Representative can explain how.
Be ready before your Atlas crew arrives.
- Back up all software.
- Draw a simple diagram (or tape color codes on wires) to make reconnecting much easier.
- Disconnect all wiring and cables.
- Keep components together, in boxes clearly labeled.
- Pack wires and cables with their corresponding electronic units.
- Pack small accessories, such as remote controls, with each component. Or place them in a designated Parts Box. Note this on the inventory list so small parts are not misplaced.
- Submit a list of your electronic components and computer equipment (with serial numbers) to your homeowner's insurance company.
- Atlas cannot take down TV antennas or satellite dishes. If you wish, we can arrange for a professional to take care of it.