Since the 2012 Atlas Convention, several new agents have joined the company, while others have expanded operations with new Atlas locations. Why did these businesses choose Atlas? The Amplifier asked them, and here is what they said:
"Atlas is leaps and bounds ahead of the other major van lines with respect to technology, equipment, PVO relations, and quality standards across the board. The good folks working at headquarters in Evansville truly care."
– Gary Smith, CEO, Modesto Transfer & Storage; Modesto, CA
"Atlas, and its network of agents, is composed of forward-thinking people with positive, can-do attitudes. The Atlas culture of quality and transparency supports excellent customer service and agent success."
– Jay Fuson, Owner, Guardian Relocation; Memphis, TN
"Atlas allows our agency to self-pack and self-haul our shipments, and we think this single agency care, custody, and control feature is our biggest selling point with corporate customers."
– Ron Potter, Managing Partner, Corporate Moving Specialists, LLC; Gray, TN
"Becoming an Atlas agent allowed us the ability to grow and expand with a quality van line that has an excellent reputation in the industry. We were also impressed with the management team in Evansville."
– Sam Turrentine, CEO, Smith Dray Line & Storage, Inc. Greenville, SC; Rock Hill, SC; Blythewood, SC; North Charleston, SC; Candler, NC
"Atlas is an agent-friendly carrier that takes great pride in providing excellent service to customers. The agents and Atlas corporate work as a team to solve issues and improve processes that help the entire agent network."
– Edward Pionke, President and COO, Nelson Westerberg of Virginia; Petersburg, VA
"I was affiliated with another van line for 34 years. But after visiting Atlas in Evansville and meeting with the management team, the decision to join Atlas was a no-brainer. As an agent-owned van line, Atlas does business the way I've always thought it should be done."
– Craig Slater, Slater Transfer & Storage; St. George, UT; Las Vegas, NV
"We chose Atlas because they are agent-owned and-controlled. The decisions that are made are good for the clients, good for the carrier, and good for the agents. That is really good alignment."
– Daniel Ozbun, Founder and COO, Daniel's Moving & Storage, Inc.; Maryland Heights, MO; Raleigh, NC
"This year, we grew with new locations in Seattle-Tacoma and Colorado Springs. As an Atlas agent, we enjoy the kind of support that enables our business to expand at a time when many others are experiencing contraction."
– Jon Schroeder, President and COO, Atlantic Relocation Systems; Tacoma, WA